From Stellaris Wiki
This article is timeless and should be accurate for any version of the game.
Utopia brings a host of changes to the core of Stellaris, including:
- Megastructures: Build wondrous structures in your systems including Dyson Spheres and ring worlds, bringing both prestige and major advantages to your race.
- Habitat Stations: Build “tall” and establish space stations that will house more population, serving the role of planets in a small and confined empire.
- Rights and Privileges: Set specific policies for which of the many species under your thumb will have the rights and privileges of full citizenship.
- Ascension Perks: As the species becomes more enlightened, choose a path - biological, psionic or synthetic - for it will further evolve your species.
- Purge and Slavery Types: Further define the different treatment and purging options of species.
- Native Indoctrination: Help pre-FTL species think in the right way, your way!
- Advanced Civics: Go to the extreme with choosing either Syncretic Evolution, Mechanist or Fanatic Purifiers.
- Hive Minds: Tired of ethics? Become one with yourself!
The 1.5 patch (aka Banks) includes changes to:
- Ethics rework: Reworked empire and pop ethics, along with a better integration with a revamped faction system.
- Faction Interactions: Shift the empire ethics by supporting/oppressing the different factions.
- Unity and Traditions: Collect Unity points and adopt ideas and bonuses that will ease your species' expansion across the stars, unlocking special perks for completing a set.
- Species rights/obligations: set individual rights/obligations for each species in the empire.
- Refugees and Core Worlds: set policies regrading refugees and core planets.
- Government Rework: Authority determine how power is transferred while civics represent the political and social traditions of the government.
- and more: Unrest, Consumer Goods, Happiness etc.
- Main article: Developer diaries
All developer diaries about Utopia expansion and patch 1.5 (aka Banks).
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Ethics Rework||Reworked empire and pop ethics, as well as a new outlook on factions||2016-12-08|
|2||Unity and Traditions||Banks 1.5 will introduce new mechanics||2016-12-15|
|3||Ascension Perks||The new Ascension mechanic and its following 'species endgame' paths coming in Banks||2017-01-12|
|4||Species Rights||Changes to pops: species rights/obligations, new degrees of slavery and purging, refugees, core worlds and more.||2017-01-19|
|5||Habitats||Your new home above your home||2017-01-26|
|6||Megastructures||Megastructures: the headline feature of the Utopia expansion.||2017-02-02|
|7||Psionics and The Shroud||Psionic Ascension Path||2017-02-09|
|8||Indoctrination, Unrest and Faction Interactions||Wiz goes into details on indoctrinating pre-FTL species, new unrest system for factions and ways to interact with them||2017-02-16|
|9||Government, Civics and Hive Minds||Banks focus on internal politics warrants a government rework||2017-02-23|
|10||Synthetic and Biological Ascension||A closer look at ascension paths||2017-03-02|
|11||Minor Features and Tweaks||Empire-wide Food, Terraforming Candidate anomaly, War Demand cost reducing, UI improvements||2017-03-09|
|12||The Music of Utopia||Andreas Waldetoft composed some new music||2017-03-16|
|13||Graphics & Interface in Banks||Changes to the map in Banks||2017-03-23|
- Forum, Perfect Your Galactic Empire in Stellaris: Utopia, 2017-02-02
- Forum, Stellaris Allow You to Lead Your Species to Utopia on April 6, 2017-02-27