Star Trek New Horizons is a total conversion for Stellaris offering players the ability to select from a large number of civilisations in the Star Trek universe. Starships, species, events and more are provided to offer a complete Star Trek experience.
Status of the Mod
Features as of 0.9.0
Gameplay and story features will be focused around three major countries - Federation, Klingon and Romulans - with a number of events and features written for Cardassian and Dominion countries. Other countries will be given thematic events and developed further in later expansions to New Horizons.
- Over 50 Species, 41 of which are playable.
- Several clothing options for most species, with Federation, Romulan, Klingon and Cardassian species uniforms changing in line with the TV show's timeline.
- Most civilian pops now have a variety of random clothing options.
- Additional hair types and race options added to Human species - e.g. Indo-Chinese and Indian ethnicities.
- 10 Species with unique ship types
- Read more about the New Horizons Techtree
Gameplay starts in the year 2150 and events will cover the period from that point through to the 25th century. The three major factions will experience "era" changes which provide new starship design options.
Although you can play Star Trek New Horizons using a random map, we recommend you use one of our custom made static maps. Currently, we have five static maps, two of which represent the entire Milky Way galaxy, while the other three represent the Alpha and Beta quadrants. Further details are available via these links:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is this?
- A: Star Trek New Horizons is a total conversion mod for Stellaris, based on Gene Roddenberrys Star Trek, The Original Series, The Motion Picturs, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and Enterprise.
Q: Who can I play?
- A: You can play as any of the current 41 playable factions, User created Factions/races are not supported at the moment, however you can edit an existing one.
Q: What are the newest features?
- A: We list all new features of each patch on our Steam-Description/Patch-Notes.
Q: Can I use other mods together with Star Trek New Horizons?
- A: While it is possible that some mods will work with Star Trek New Horizons, we do not support the use of other mods. We recommend that all other mods are disabled, if you experience problems running Star Trek New Horizons.
Q: Why is my savegame crashing/buggy?
- A: The mod is currently in an Alpha state and we can not guarantee savegame compatibility between different versions. If you encounter bugs or crashes on new savegames we'd much appreciate if you let let us know.
Q: Why are some icons and descriptions missing?
- A: This is because Star Trek New Horizons is currently in alpha. We will add more icons and descriptions over time.
Q: How do I create the United Federation of Planets (UFP)?
- A: You must choose one of Humans, Vulcans, Andorians or Tellarite as your starting race, then build relations with the other three. Further details are available here.
Q: How do get new members in the United Federation of Planets?
- A: After you have successfully formed the United Federation of Planets, you unlock the bi-annual Federation Council where you get access to extended diplomacy actions as well as a accession mechanic for new potential member states.
Q: How do I get to the next Era?
- A: As you keep progressing through the techtree, the eras will change.
Q: Why do I see only placeholder texts in events?
- A: Currently Star Trek New Horizons only supports English. If you want to help with localisation feel free to contact us in the forums or on steam.
Q: How can I play the Borg?
- A: The Borg are currently an unplayable prescripted empire, conquering the delta quadrant, in addition to the crisis replacement. In the future we will add a playable faction as the liberated Borg.
Q: How can I contribute?
- A: If you have skills as 3d/2d artist or have experience with paradox coding/scripting we would appreciate it if you contact us on the forums or on steam.
Q: Kann ich ST:NH auch auf Deutsch spielen?
- A: Ja ST:NH kann man auch auf Deutsch spielen, zur Zeit wird jede Neuerung auf Englisch eingebunden. Letztlich wollen wir unsere Mod komplett zweisprachig anbieten können, dafür benötigen wir eure Unterstützung. Im Paradox Forum findet ihr dazu entsprechende Hilfe: Hier.