Star Trek New Horizons is a total conversion for Stellaris offering players the ability to select from a large number of civilisations in the Star Trek universe. Starships, species, events and more are provided to offer a complete Star Trek experience.
Status of the Mod
Features as of 0.8.0
Gameplay and story features will be focused around three major countries - Federation, Klingon and Romulans - with a number of events and features written for Cardassian and Dominion countries. Other countries will be given thematic events and developed further in later expansions to New Horizons.
- 45 Species
- Several clothing options for most species, with Federation, Romulan, Klingon and Cardassian species uniforms changing in line with the TV show's timeline.
- Most civilian pops now have a variety of random clothing options.
- Additional hair types and race options added to Human species - e.g. Indo-Chinese and Indian ethnicities.
- 10 Species with unique ship types
- Read more about the New Horizons Techtree
Gameplay starts in the year 2150 and events will cover the period from that point through to the 25th century. The three major factions will experience "era" changes which provide new starship design options.
Although you can play Star Trek New Horizons using a random map, we recommend you use one of our custom made static maps. Currently, we have three static maps, two of which represent the entire Milky Way galaxy, while the other represents the Alpha and Beta sectors. The 'Original' map focuses more on providing player balance. The 'Alternative' and the 'Alpha/Beta' maps focus more on providing a lore-rich experience. The 'Alpha/Beta' map contains about 750 star systems and 20 AI empires, and is the best map for those with less powerful computer systems.
- Star Trek New Horizons Galaxy (Original)
- Star Trek New Horizons Galaxy (Milky Way)
- Star Trek New Horizons Alpha and Beta Sectors
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is this?
- A: Star Trek New Horizons is a total conversion mod for Stellaris, based on Gene Roddenberrys Star Trek, The Original Series, The Motion Picturs, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and Enterprise.
Q: Who can I play?
- A: You can play as any of the current 50+ Factions, User created Factions/races are not supported at the moment, however you can edit an existing one.
Q: What are the newest features?
- A: We list all new features of each patch on our Steam-Description/Patch-Notes.
Q: Can i use other mods together with ST:NH?
- A: Not easy to answer, We can not guarantee any other mod compatibility with ST:NH, but u can try it for sure.
Q: Why is my savegame crashing/buggy?
- A: In Alpha state we can not guarantee savegame compatibility between the versions, if you encounter bugs or crashes on new savegames we'd much appreciate if you let let us know.
Q: Why are some icons and descriptions missing?
- A: Since ST:NH is currently in alpha, we will add more icons and descriptions over time.
Q: How do i create the United Federation of Planets?
- A: You need a Coalition consisting of all UFP founder factions (Humans, Vulcans, Andorians, Tellarite), after several years the Federation event will trigger.
Q: How do get new members in the United Federation of Planets?
- A: After you succesfully formed the United Federation of Planets you unlock the bi-annual Federation Council where you get access to extended diplomacy actions as well as a accession mechanic for new potential member states.
Q: How do i get to the next Era?
- A: As you keep progressing to the techtree, the eras will change.
Q: Why do i see only placeholder texts in events?
- A: Currently ST:NH only supports english. If you want to help with localisation feel free to contact us in the forums or on steam.
Q: How can i play the Borg?
- A: Borg are currently an unplayable prescripted empire conquering the delta quadrant in addition to the crisis replacement. In the future we will add a playable faction as the liberated Borg.
Q: How can i contribute?
- A: If you have skills as 3d/2d artist or have experience with paradox coding/scripting we would appreciate it if you contact us on the forums or on steam.
Q: Kann ich ST:NH auch auf Deutsch spielen?
- A: Ja ST:NH kann man auch auf Deutsch spielen, zur Zeit wird jede Neuerung auf Englisch eingebunden. Letztlich wollen wir unsere Mod komplett Zweisprachig anbieten koennen, dafuer benoetigen wir eure Unterstuetzung. Im Paradox Forum findet ihr dazu entsprechende Hilfe: Hier.